17.2.15

Skin problems...

Source: Google

I feel like I have been struggling with acne all my life. Actually it started in my teenage years. To be honest, looking back at photos it wasn’t even that bad, but it still felt like I was the most horrible person on the planet. It wasn’t until I reached high school that it started to get more and more nasty. It got to a point where I didn’t want to go to school because of it and in fact I did miss a couple of high school days, staying at home and crying.

After I graduated I went to a dermatologist and all she said was “You’re extremely oily!! Oh my God your skin looks terrible! Drink 3 liters of water! Bye”.
Yes, that was basically it, so that didn’t really help me... After this awful experience, where someone who sees people with acne all day tells you you look terrible and there’s nothing she can do, I started to search on the Internet what to do. I did everything I could find. I was eating healthy, I did some exercise, I drank plenty of water, I was cleansing and moisturizing and all that but it still wasn’t looking any better. In fact sometimes my skin looked so bad I was even afraid to look at myself in the mirror.

Today, again, my skin looks very very bad, so again I started researching on the Internet what can I do about it. And yet again, I encountered the same ‘tips’ mentioned above. However, today I payed attention to something that I didn’t before. Dairy. I eat cheese almost every single day. And if it’s not cheese, it’s butter, and if it’s not butter it’s yogurt. This could be it!!

I’m going to cut out dairy completely and see what happens. It’s going to be soo difficult because I can’t tell you how much I love anything cheese related. I could live on cheese only. It’s my favourite. But I’m going to do it and I’ll report in the next couple of months. Wish me luck, I’ll need it.



            Don’t forget to smile today :)


    
Laura xx

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye