9.1.14

Dare to dream



Have you ever wondered what would happen if your dreams came true?

I want to share a little story about how blind faith can take you anywhere.
Laura and I became friends in 2011 we talked a lot, especially via mail. We also shared some videos but we knew that it was impossible to meet each other in person because she lives in Romania and I live in Uruguay and it’s very expensive to go from one country to another. Also it was kind of crazy to go to a house of a girl you only met on the Internet.

The idea of us meeting was in fact very crazy taking into account that we have never talked to a stranger for such a long time on the Internet before. For some sort of a weird reason though I trusted Maria and believed everything she said (well..wrote). At the beginning I had my doubts and I was very careful with revealing anything too personal. I have to admit that all my doubts went away when Maria sent me her first video. It was around Christmas so she sent it as present. I loved her accent, her bubbly personality and it just proved me once again how lovely this person is.
Next thing I knew I had to do the same thing and thank her once again that she trusted me and she let me be her friend.
Not long after this I sent her a letter too which brought us together even more.


But we kept talking almost every day, a miracle has happened in my life and I had the opportunity to go to London in 2012. I talked to Laura about the idea of meeting her in London but she said there was no chance because of many things, but we had faith that we were going to meet at some point.

After months of begging my parents, I finally booked our flight (I was going to fly with my mom) and our hotel. It was a dream come true.
I can still remember perfectly the moment I stepped on the airplane. That was another dream come true. I was so excited I could cry.
After two hours we landed in London. It was amazing!! Chilly and rainy, but amazing :)









We agreed to meet in Trafalgar Square but I had no idea how I was going to recognize Laura or how it was going to be. The place was packed, as always.





             Not long after I arrived there she called my name and I just jumped and hugged her so hard I almost killed her. It was the best day of my life. I will remember it for the rest of my life. Not only because I met my friend, but because hugging her was like realizing that our dreams came true. People told me I was crazy and a lot of other stuff but I didn't care, because her friendship is a blessing in my life.



          We also gave each other some little pressies. I gave Maria this little teddy bear:









She gave me this wonderful tiny book entitled “Follow your dreams”.







          The message I’m trying to get across with this short but really important story is that it doesn't matter how big your dreams are, they CAN come true.
So dream high and dare to fly!







Maria and Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye